[ic] Adding payment modules

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Nov 23 16:18:00 2002

Matthew Dell [mdell2@cfl.rr.com] wrote:

> I am using MBS/ Access Point for credit card apporval.  I see that there is
> no option in the "Wizard" configuration to add a new payment method.  I have
> developed a few IC sites with a "built-in" payment method on my own servers,
> which was pretty easy. But now I need to get the auth or declined credit
> card from a remote site, like Authorize.net.
> There are specific instructions from the CC company on how to send the info;
> ie credit card number needs to be called "CCNUMBER" and expire month needs
> to be called "EXPMO".
> I am assuming these modules are builtin when using Authorize.net for
> payment.  So how do I modify and or add to setup a new payment method?
>
> Thanks for any help.
> I am kindof new at this stuff so please be clear on your responses :)

The existing Payment modules are in Interchange's lib/Vend/Payment
directory.  Module creation is reasonably straightforward, I suggest
the following:

    1. Study the existing Payment modules.
    2. Pick one that is the closest to what your module needs to do.
    3. Copy your chosen module into a new file.  AccessPoint.pm, for
       example.
    4. Use the new file as a template and modify the code until it
       works with your Payment Services Provider.

You may find the TestPayment module to be a reasonable "bare bones"
example of a Payment module.  This could be used for study and/or as
a "template" for your new module.

If you do create a new Payment module, it would be appreciated if you'd
share your code with the Interchange community and allow it to be
considered for release with future Interchange versions.