[ic] upsell component use and error explanation

Tue Nov 26 10:14:00 2002

Quoting Andrew C. (linuxdev@musicalheritage.org):
> I just used the first statement below to test the cross sell skus that I
> set through the admin tool.  A sku is being returned in the cross_codes
> scratch however the control set code taken from the foundation cart does
> not display product when I place it at the bottom of the flypage.  I
> read the pages in the admin tool and everything I could find on the
> icdevgroup.org site, but I have not figured it out.  I may just have
> simple syntax problem but the code below is used in the cart region for
> the foundation catalog and works.  Any suggestions?  Thank you.
>
> <B> Cross Sell Sku: [scratch cross_codes] </B><BR>
>
> [control-set]
> [component]cross[/component]
> [banner]See also[/banner]
> [cross_codes][/cross_codes]
> [size]3[/size]
> [cols]3[/cols]
> [/control-set]

There is no logic in the flypage that allows the component to
know what is being cross-sold. The intent was to sell something
*after* someone had bought something, not before, which was my
understanding of a cross-sell.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Unix version of an Outlook-style virus:
It works on the honor system. Please forward this message to everyone
you know, and delete a bunch of your files at random.