[ic] upsell component use and error explanation

Jeff Dafoe interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Nov 26 18:57:00 2002

> There is no logic in the flypage that allows the component to
> know what is being cross-sold. The intent was to sell something
> *after* someone had bought something, not before, which was my
> understanding of a cross-sell.

    Sure there is.  The line:

[set cross_codes][item-data merchandising cross_sell][/set]

    in the flypage populates the cross_codes with the items selected as
cross-sell items in the item editor.  The cross component is great, on one
catalog of women's clothing we use it to suggest apparel that might
complement the item that is currently being viewed, particularly for other
items that appear in the photograph of the item that is currently being
viewed:

http://store.subcultural.com/subcultural/00235.html (cross component is the
one at the bottom).

Jeff