[ic] Using Mod Interchange 2 questions

Philip S. Hempel interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Nov 26 18:40:01 2002

Questions related to using mod interchange,
1. Will mod interchange help with the problems apache has with ssl and cgi
scripts?
    A. Qualify problem with cgi scipts and ssl: Certian browsers are not
able to setup a data session with ssl because of some bug with apache.
    B. I know if most users upgrade there browser this would be a mute
point, but I have recently found out there is no way to upgrade 3/4 of
the internet. Many mac machines can not have access to the newest
browsers if there OS version is not at OSX 10. Versions avaiable for
IE is 5.1 < OSX10 and after testing myself this does not work. Mozilla
still has problems on version prior to MAC OS 9. IE 5.0 and under has
problems under windows.

2. If the previous is true, can mod rewrite be used with mod Interchange?
    A. Qualify mod rewrite: mod rewrite used with pasthrough not redirect.
     B. using mod rewrite to move site root to / and pass to /cgi-bin/store

I have tested mod interchange with mod rewrite and what works with the cgi
does not work with mod Interchange, I had some thought that mod
Interchange was a very close replacement for the cgi since really the cgi
is used to talk to a socket any ways.

If mod Interchange does not work with mod rewrite, can it be modded to
work if it will resolve the cgi and apache, ssl problem?

BTW Does anyone know if this has been fixed in any version of Apache? And
I know put unclean shutdown in apache config but for some reason this does
not seem to fix data session errors and a few other problems with ssl.

Thanks and all have a happy holiday for you US folks.

---

Philip S Hempel