[ic] Jeff Dafoe was:(Deciding betw....)

Jeff Dafoe interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Nov 26 20:17:00 2002

> >From memory I believe you are new to the list and IC yes? Well, you
> certainly have made the most of your time here. Congratulations on the
> great looking store, and absolutely great design.

    I have followed IC for a couple of years now because we were going to
use it for a project I was working on at a previous place of employment.
When I left that place about 4 months ago and started doing freelance work
with a couple of other people, we decided to use IC for a couple of projects
we had.

> Is that a production cat? I noticed the search does not work (Sorry, the
> page (noaction) was not found ), but all in all you are doing a
> fantastic job...

    It is not a production cart.  The search is indeed broken, one of the
HTML guys broke it a few days ago as it has some oddball javascript in it to
make the history-scan tag ("continue shopping") work.  I can't take credit
for the design, we have an award-winning designer who did all the design and
another guy who did the HTML code.  Being so new to IC, and with parts of
the design deviating so substantially from the Foundation demo (designer
never looked at Foundation), parts of the integration was hellish.  OK, most
of it was.
    Anyways, there are parts of it I want to package up and get put on
interchange.rtfm.info when we finish and launch .  There is a sweet wishlist
implementation that everyone should have.  There is also a really nice
product-group-based quantity pricing system that Mike Heins did for us.  Our
equivalent of "account.html" is also the coolest thing since sliced bread.
After everything is working and we launch, I will make a full announcement
here and then anyone who has any questions, ideas, or wants any of the code
can have at it.

Thanks,
Jeff