[ic] getting frustrated, can't get server running

J P interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Nov 29 10:59:00 2002

First off, let me thank everyone for their help, I
appreciate your bearing with me to get this going.
>From everything I can see and my limited knowledge,
the permissions seem right.  I created a unix user
called interch  This is the user that is supposed to
run everything.  I did remove everything in cgi-bin
before I re-installed (along with everything else).
After reinstalling I even went as far as chown -R for
interch on these directories the
/var/catalog/foundation, /htdocs/foundation,
/cgi-bin/foundation and /usr/local/interchange.   ls
-la on the foundation (link) script (the only file in
cgi-bin)shows this:
-rwsr-xr-x   1 interch  interch  28123 Nov 29 04:05
foundation
so I see that it's suid and ps shows
interch   19019  0.0  2.0 21288 20448  ??  Ss
4:08AM   0:02.21 /usr/local/bin/perl
/usr/local/interchange/bin/interchange --Ignore -r
so it's running (don't know what the Ignore means).

Is there some debug code I can turn on that will tell
me what permissions aren't set right if that is the
case?  It seems the program knows something isn't
right and a little more info than what's shown would
be so helpful.

You know, this would be a real help folks to think,
this idea I have.  Maybe some IC wiz could put
together a debug/analysis script that could be run.  I
would bet a lot of new folks would find it so helpful.
 Even if it just did things like a) does the mysql
user have the right permissions for IC, b) is the link
script properly setuid and owned by the right user, c)
are all the files that need to be owned by that user,
in fact owned by him/her and d) is the IC server
running.   It doesn't seem like it would be a big deal
to put something like that together.  And it would be
very useful.