[ic] problems setting up IC cart at hosting Co's

interchange-users@icdevgroup.org interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Oct 18 09:25:01 2002

We are experiencing some problems when trying to set up a cart/catalog
starting off with the foundation test catalog.

First there is IC 4.8 at Siplenet.com who offer Cpanel interface: we can't
upload any new picture to any product:
In the 'Admin' area in the Foundation catalog, every permission is set
'on'.
Still the errorlog mentions something like: 'access denied' or 'refused'
Is this a problem at the Siplenet host server ? Do we lack permissions ?
At home I only have a light firewall in the Freesco router I've installed.
The reason why I can't give the exact message, is becaus right now I can't
even log on anymore into the admin interface of the Foundation store ...
Although I use the same login name and same password, but I'm working from
behind a rather strong firewall ...

Then there is IC 4.9 wich is offered by Alamerce.nl
As the former, they are hosting and offering the use of IC and participate
in developing for IC.
Problem is support; in 2 days the weren't 1 time reached on the phone when
called every 2 hrs at least ...
The problem there was, that we couldn't enter any new product at all.

Can anyone tell us if this is a rather 'normal' phenomenon, or are these
people not worth working with ?
We are getting pretty desperate after not advancing one bit in 2 weeks of
time ...

Thanks in advance.

Toon Suijs
toss@zeelandnet.nl

"e-mail disclaimer:
privileged. If you have received it by mistake please notify the sender by
return e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorised
use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly
prohibited. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change. We shall
not be responsible nor liable for the proper and complete transmission of
the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its
receipt or damage to your system. We do not guarantee that the integrity of
this communication has been maintained nor that this communication is free
of viruses, interceptions or interference."