[ic] pgsql loops when importing products via the Admin Interface.

Barry Treahy, Jr. interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Sep 23 17:22:01 2002

Brian Kosick wrote:

> At 01:28 PM 9/23/02 -0700, you wrote:
>
>> Brian Kosick wrote:
>>
>>> Hello All,
>>>         I have this really strange problems, that only occurs when
>>> I'm trying to import a new text file through the UI.  Here's my setup
>>> RH7.3 SMP 4-Way(latest updates)
>>> perl 5.6.1
>>> IC 4.8.6-1 (rpm'ed)
>>>   rpc (it behaves the same in low or high also)
>>>   MaxServers          0
>>>   PreFork             Yes
>>>   StartServers        12
>>>   MaxRequestsPerChild 100
>>>   HouseKeeping        2
>>>   PIDcheck            600
>>> Bundle::InterchangeKitchenSink (via CPAN)
>>>
>>> When I upload a new products.txt via the admin UI, I'll watch the
>>> pgsql log.  Not only does it take a long time to upload (1,200 items
>>> in 7 minutes) but when it gets to the last item in the table, it
>>> just loops around and starts importing from the beginning.
>>

>> I found a similiar problem with MySQL, if I remove the .sql marker
>> file to have IC perform another import from the text file, just
>> touching the file causes IC to loop and only a restart of the IC
>> server initiates a proper reload...
>>
> I have a products.sql file.  Were you suggesting that I remove it? or
> touch it if it wasn't there?

No, not unless you want to force another load...  What I was attempting
to say was that I had ran into the trouble of getting IC to reload a
mysql table by removing that marker file and on doing so, IC would not
reload on a file first access attempt but rather the browser would
repeatedly cycle on the IC page until it ultimately error out.  It would
seem that if the .sql marker is removed, you must also restart the IC
server to get it to properly reload which is not what I wanted.

A case in point is that I haven't converted the inventory table to mysql
for this reason.  We push two updates a day to the IC server and cron is
scheduled to process them when they exist to create a a new dbm table
and reindex it.  When attempting this with mysql, it required that the
cron task actually restart the IC server otherwise it wouldn't load
properly...  So, we left that file in dbm...

Barry

--

Barry Treahy, Jr  *  Midwest Microwave  *  Vice President & CIO

E-mail: Treahy@mmaz.com * Phone: 480/314-1320 * FAX: 480/661-7028