[ic] pgsql loops when importing products via the Admin Interface.

Brian Kosick interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Sep 24 10:17:01 2002

At 01:28 PM 9/23/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Brian Kosick wrote:
>
><snip>

Thanks everyone for you help, I have the problem resolved (well worked
around) with the suggestions that were provided.

Thanks Mike, the flags really sped up the import from >7min to <1min.

Thanks Dan, I used the fsync=false setting which seems to have helped.  And
unfortunately the 4.9 import_fields tag, is not a drop in replacement for
import_tables.html in 4.8.x.  I really don't have time to setup a 4.9.x
test platform right now, as I have 4 more IC projects coming down the pipes....

Thanks Barry, though your suggestions didn't really apply to me, I hope
they can help someone else.

As of right now, It works much faster, and by checking the "allow delete"
box, it seems to import nicely now with no looping.

One more thing?  Is there anyway to submit IC sites to the Hall of Fame?  I
checked over the redhat site briefly and couldn't find it....

Brian Kosick
Web Programmer
New Age Consulting Service, Inc.
216-619-2000