[ic] Re: How do I send a form that wont alter the URL?

interchange-users@icdevgroup.org interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Sep 25 16:23:00 2002

Rene Hertell writes:

> Hi list,
>
> I have a page that contains checkboxes from which the user can pick
> different criteria's that are part of a sql-query on the next page.
>
> What I want is do is to hide the values that are posted from page1 so that
> the URL wont look like this:
> www.site.com/page2.html?var=value1&var=value2&var=value3, but instead like
> this: www.site.com/page2.html.

Isn't <form ... method="post"> not covered in your "HTML for Dummies"
textbook <g> ?

> Then my second problem is the value that gets submitted to the next page.
> What is the delimiter between the values (value1[]value2[]value3[])? I
> wanted to handle this within a Perl-statement, but I could not figure out
> how to do it.

[perl]
my ($value1, $value2, $value3) = @{$CGI_array->{var}};
[/perl]

Don't forget to validate user's input before pushing it into
the SQL statement.

Bye
   Racke

--
Prolific Interchange Consulting (Excellent German Quality !).
Take a look at Materialboerse (http://www.materialboerse.de/), WITT