[ic] Scratch vs Scratchpad / cross component problem and question

sbraun at aucoindujeu.com sbraun at aucoindujeu.com
Thu Aug 21 02:30:34 EDT 2003

Hi all,

After a pretty long debugging session of my Interchange
site which is based on version 4.9.8, having found the
solution, I have a question for you.

in flypage.html from foundation store there is a

[set cross_codes][item-data merchandising cross_sell][/set]

and in component cross

[if !scratch cross_codes]
[tmp cross_codes][control cross_codes][/tmp]
[/if]

Correct me if I'm wrong but a value stored with [set]
doesn't disapear after the page processing so when another page will call
component cross using a bulk [control-set] .. [cross_codes]..[/cross_codes]
if scratch isn't empty it doesn't get updated with the new
value, so this new page display a wrong product.
That is what I've seen, after replacing

[if !scratch cross_codes]
[tmp cross_codes][control cross_codes][/tmp]
[/if]

by the new code :

[if control cross_codes]
[tmp cross_codes][control cross_codes][/tmp]
[/if]

It seems to solve my problem.

Be free to comment me ...

Anyone can explain what's the main difference between
scratchpad versus scratch variable, it's unclear
in the documentation and both terms are so
close ...

Thanks all for your help.

Kind Regards,
Sébastien Braun.
aucoindujeu.com (will open in september)