[ic] interchange and SQL DBMSes: /scan/ fetches anything?!

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Sat Aug 23 13:01:24 EDT 2003

Quoting Steffen Dettmer (steffen at dett.de):
[snip]
> Is this a bug in /scan/? Did I something wrong? Or does /scan/ is
> implemented to verify the condition by itself after fetching
> *any* possibly needed date from the DBMS?

Depends. If you have at least one field = 'fixed string' compare
it should do that first, then do the search based on the results
of that. Should that first comparison return the entire database,
it will indeed scan each line.

Sounds like you want to "vacuum" your database as well...

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike at perusion.com>

When the only tool you have is a hammer, all your problems tend to look
like nails.  -- Abraham Maslow