[ic] Coupons

Terral Artis tartis at cellularmountain.com
Sun Aug 24 17:58:54 EDT 2003

> > Have been done for one of my sites, but it's a customized function.
> > Please ask to edl at newmediaems.com for more informations.
>
> > Xavier
>

> > Does anyone have coupons working in Interchange?  I have looked through
> > just about every thread, and have not found anyone with this working.  All
> > I ever see is to use the Discount Tag.  I can't belive that this is not
> > being done on some kind of Interchange store.  This is a basic cart
>feature.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Terral

I have been playing with a snip-it of code that I found on the mail list,
but I can't seem to get it to work.  I can't seem to get the "If" statement
to work.  It works if I change [value coupon] to a known value in the
gift_certs table, but not when I am trying to compare it with the customer
entered value.  Any ideas would be helpful.

[set couponcompare]
[if data gift_certs::code::[value coupon]]
[discount code=ALL_ITEMS] $s * .90 [/discount]
[/if]
[/set

<FORM ACTION="[process secure=1]" METHOD="POST" name="validate">
<input type=hidden name=mv_click value=couponcompare>
<input type=hidden name=mv_todo value=return>
<input type=hidden name=mv_nextpage value="/ord/checkout">

<input type="text" size="10" name=coupon VALUE="[value coupon]" size="5">

[button

                 src="thumb/validate.jpg"
                 text="Submit Coupon Code"
                 hidetext=1