[ic] actionmap and mv_nextpage in forms

Doug Alcorn doug at lathi.net
Mon Aug 25 22:42:01 EDT 2003

Mike Heins <mike at perusion.com> writes:

> Quoting Doug Alcorn (doug at lathi.net):
>> I've setup an actionmap (which I think are a great way make urls look
>> readable) that uses a url something like
>> "foo/12332234/bar/456464646".  Basically I'm trying to relate two
>> different types of products together in a single page.  I know the
>> actionmap works because I can type in the url and the page loads just
>> as I'd expect it to.  I verified that the path is being parsed
>> correctly and the page is interpreting the results just like I want.
>>
>> The foo product is actually related to a group of bar products.  What
>> I'm trying to do is have a page the details the relationship between a
>> single foo product and a single bar product.  However, I want to have
>> a drop down list that allows the shopper to change the bar product.
>
> mv_nextpage is not a URL -- it is a page name. ActionMap depends on it being the URL
> referencing the site..

Thanks for this clarification.  It's sent me in the right direction.

[snip working example]

> It won't work without JS, though.

OK, this is a kludge, but works:

,----[ detail page select form ]
`----

,----[ bouncedetail.html ]
`----

--
 (__) Doug Alcorn - Unix/Linux/Web Developing
 oo / PGP 02B3 1E26 BCF2 9AAF 93F1  61D7 450C B264 3E63 D543