[ic] No key 'id' found for function='insert' table='pages'

Paul Vinciguerra pvinci at vinciguerra.com
Fri Aug 29 02:59:23 EDT 2003

I am getting the following error and was wondering if someone could point me
in the right direction.

I cannot insert any records into a table names pages through the admin but can
insert them via direct SQL inserts.  The error I keep getting is No key 'id'
found for function='insert' table='pages'.  I am running version
4.9.8-200308200658 so that is pretty current.

The pages.mysql is as follows:
Database  pages  pages.txt __SQLDSN__
Database  pages  KEY          id
Database  pages  COLUMN_DEF   "id=VARCHAR(64) NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY"
Database  pages  COLUMN_DEF   "description=VARCHAR(128) NOT NULL"
Database  pages  COLUMN_DEF   "title=VARCHAR(128) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL"
Database  pages  INDEX         title
Database  pages  COLUMN_DEF   "author=VARCHAR(128) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL"
Database  pages  COLUMN_DEF   "template_page=VARCHAR(64)"
Database  pages  COLUMN_DEF   "content=TEXT"
Database  pages  COLUMN_DEF   "thumb=VARCHAR(128)"
Database  pages  COLUMN_DEF   "image=VARCHAR(64)"
Database  pages  COLUMN_DEF   "category=VARCHAR(64) NOT NULL DEFAULT ''"
Database  pages  INDEX         category
Database  pages  COLUMN_DEF   "subcategory=VARCHAR(64) NOT NULL DEFAULT ''"
Database  pages  INDEX         subcategory
Database  pages  COLUMN_DEF   "featured=VARCHAR(32)"
Database  pages  COLUMN_DEF   "start_date=timestamp"
Database  pages  INDEX         start_date
Database  pages  COLUMN_DEF   "end_date=timestamp"
Database  pages  INDEX         end_date

and the admin displays id as a key on the dbinfo.html page:

KEY
id

Can anyone suggest where I should focus my efforts trying to work through this?

Thanks,

Paul