[ic] No key 'id' found for function='insert' table='pages'

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Fri Aug 29 10:33:28 EDT 2003

Quoting Paul Vinciguerra (pvinci at vinciguerra.com):
> I am getting the following error and was wondering if someone could point me
> in the right direction.
>
> I cannot insert any records into a table names pages through the admin but can
> insert them via direct SQL inserts.  The error I keep getting is No key 'id'
> found for function='insert' table='pages'.  I am running version
> 4.9.8-200308200658 so that is pretty current.
>
> The pages.mysql is as follows:
> Database  pages  pages.txt __SQLDSN__
> Database  pages  KEY          id
> Database  pages  COLUMN_DEF   "id=VARCHAR(64) NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY"
> Database  pages  COLUMN_DEF   "description=VARCHAR(128) NOT NULL"
> Database  pages  COLUMN_DEF   "title=VARCHAR(128) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL"
> Database  pages  INDEX         title
> Database  pages  COLUMN_DEF   "author=VARCHAR(128) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL"
> Database  pages  COLUMN_DEF   "template_page=VARCHAR(64)"
> Database  pages  COLUMN_DEF   "content=TEXT"
> Database  pages  COLUMN_DEF   "thumb=VARCHAR(128)"
> Database  pages  COLUMN_DEF   "image=VARCHAR(64)"
> Database  pages  COLUMN_DEF   "category=VARCHAR(64) NOT NULL DEFAULT ''"
> Database  pages  INDEX         category
> Database  pages  COLUMN_DEF   "subcategory=VARCHAR(64) NOT NULL DEFAULT ''"
> Database  pages  INDEX         subcategory
> Database  pages  COLUMN_DEF   "featured=VARCHAR(32)"
> Database  pages  COLUMN_DEF   "start_date=timestamp"
> Database  pages  INDEX         start_date
> Database  pages  COLUMN_DEF   "end_date=timestamp"
> Database  pages  INDEX         end_date
>
> and the admin displays id as a key on the dbinfo.html page:
>
> KEY
> id
>
> Can anyone suggest where I should focus my efforts trying to work through this?

"id" is a reserved variable name in IC, sort of. You can rename the column, and
all should be well. If you really, really want to use "id" you can remove
the line "id   mv_session_id" from ICDIR/etc/varnames.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike at perusion.com>

How far can you open your mind before your brains fall out?