[ic] Problems with SOAP

Stefan Hornburg racke at linuxia.de
Thu Dec 4 12:14:29 EST 2003

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 09:39:05 -0700
Andrew Baerg <admin at yoursole.com> wrote:

>  >>  > I am having identical problems to what Racke posted back in March. I am wondering if this issue was ever resolved?
>
>  >>  Actually it should work with current CVS. Which IC version do you using ?
>
> I am using 4.8.7, but I have upgraded SOAP.pm and SOAP/Transport.pm to the current CVS. I just can't figure out why it works, except the result is returned in the Client-Junk header instead of the body of the response. Does it have something to do with the SOAP::Lite version or possibly the LWP version which is responsible for the Client-Junk header?

If I remember correctly, the Client-Junk is in fact coming from LWP. You need
to fix your Server.pm in order to get SOAP working with 4.8.7. The patch
you probably need has been applied with CVS revision 2.28:

revision 2.28
date: 2003/03/08 00:14:58;  author: racke;  state: Exp;  lines: +3 -2
ensure that SOAP server adds a blank line between HTTP header
and HTTP body

Probably you cannot use the patch directly on 4.8, but look at the changes.

Bye
	Racke

Interchange Development Team