[ic] Excel Parse Fails Even with template.xls???

AS news1 at dsl.pipex.com
Sun Dec 21 04:49:08 EST 2003

Hi folks,

I am having real problems uploading an excel products spreadsheet into
IC, I have been told that there is nothing wrong with the IC install and
it must be my spreadsheet.

I am not convinced, I have gone back to the default template with a
single product line and get this message:-

-------------
FATAL error

Failed to parse XLS file upload/template.xls:

Progress to date:
-------------

In the error.log I see this:-

--------------
require trapped by operation mask at /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/File/Copy.pm
line 10
Compilation failed in require at (eval 43) line 3

It appears in the middle of some perl script that seems to be mentioning
countries and shipping, my locale is set to en_GB if it makes any
difference.

Can anyone help me with this please??

Many thanks,
Andy.