[ic] Excel Parse Fails Even with template.xls???

David Radovanovic david.radovanovic at verizon.net
Sun Dec 21 08:22:39 EST 2003

interchange-users-bounces at icdevgroup.org wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I am having real problems uploading an excel products spreadsheet into
> IC, I have been told that there is nothing wrong with the IC install
> and it must be my spreadsheet.
>
> I am not convinced, I have gone back to the default template with a
> single product line and get this message:-
>
> -------------
> FATAL error
>
> Failed to parse XLS file upload/template.xls:
>
> Progress to date:
> -------------
>
> In the error.log I see this:-
>
> --------------
> require trapped by operation mask at /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/File/Copy.pm
> line 10
> Compilation failed in require at (eval 43) line 3
> ---------------
>
> It appears in the middle of some perl script that seems to be
> mentioning countries and shipping, my locale is set to en_GB if it
> makes any difference.
>
> Can anyone help me with this please??
>
> Many thanks,
> Andy.
>
> www.tvcables.co.uk

Whenever I get those errors it always seems to be the spreadsheet. In my
case I am using the foundation theme which has sample data included. You
might want to look closely and make sure Excel hasn't added some offending
charcters. Take a look at the errors log and see exactly where IC balks.

David Radovanovic
WhatsTheBigIdea.com, Inc.
-- Bright ideas for the Web!
249 Partition Street