[ic] Writing a new payment module - please help!

Interchange user interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Feb 12 22:59:17 2003

On Wednesday 12 February 2003 02:59 am, you wrote:

> > >Secondly, I need some information on the %result hash:
> > >
> > >$result{'pop.order-id'} - this should be set to the transaction
> > > reference returned by the payment processor, right? What should be done
> > > with the Interchange-generated $orderID (from the Signio module), if
> > > anything?
> > >
> > >$result{'pop.auth-code'} - I guess this should be the authorization code
> > >returned from the bank?
> > >
> > >What do pop.avs_code, pop.avs_zip, and pop.avs_addr expect to receive
> > >from the response? The payment gateway I'm using can return several
> > >no match, but there is no 'zip match only'.
>
> 99.9%, the relation must be:
>
> pop.avs_code    - > matched     (both zip code and address are matched)
> pop.avs_zip    ->  code match only    ( zip code matched only)
> pop.avs_addr  ->  address match only   ( as says)
>
> If you are not sure, it may be a good idea to ask the bank "Does 'code
> match only' mean only the zip code is verified"?
>

> David
> dzhang@msihosting.com
> http://www.msihosting.com
> Expert -- ecommerce solutions, interchange hosting

David,

Thank you for your reply, but I don't quite get you on this.

According to my documentation, one of the following messages is returned
(only) for authorized transactions in response to the card security code and
address provided:

DATA MATCHED - passed all checks
SEC CODE MATCH - security code valid, but address invalid
ADDRESS MATCH ONLY - address valid, but security code invalid
DATA NOT MATCHED - both security code and address invalid
DATA NOT CHECKED

What is the point in checking this response *after* a transaction has been
authorized? Settlements occur automatically on the same day. I would have
thought the messages above would only be returned upon a failed transaction.

What does Interchange do with the three avs values, and why should they be
returned upon a *successful* transaction?

I'm very confused!