[ic] Writing a new payment module - please help!

interch interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Feb 13 02:53:01 2003

code match only IS zip match only. zip code = code.  Avs return values are
standard in the industry and have not changed in years.  Here is a list of
what the banks actually return.  You should be able to at least use it as a
reference so you know what variations are possible.

There are also a few new avs codes out for non US transactions, but they are
not widely used yet.  Most countries do not support avs and you will usually
get a return of G or U for card numbers issued outside the US.

A - Address Matches, Zip code does not
E - Error
N - Address and Zip code do not match
R - Retry, system not available
S - System not supported by Issuer
U - Address information not available
W - 9 digit zip matches, address does not
X - Exact match address and zip
Y - Exact match address and 5 digit zip
Z - 5 digit zip matches, address does not
G - Non avs participant outside US; not verified