[ic] city / state

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Feb 25 13:59:01 2003

MatchClickUSA [admin@matchclickusa.com] wrote:
> Does anyone have a text file that contains all (or most) major cities in the
> united states?
>
> We'd like to have the customer pick their state then (on the next page)
> provide a dropdown menu full of major cities within their state.  It's ok
> for us to use "closest major city", this isn't for checkout, just for
> profiling and demographics purposes.

I have a list of USA/Canadian counties if that'll work for you instead.
the county selection list could be incorporated into your billing/shipping
forms, rather than prompting for the "closest major city" as a separate
input field.  The user's county should be accurate enough for demographic
purposes.

You can find it here.

    http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/downloads/counties.txt

Please let me know if you spot any mistakes in the list.