[ic] Password-protecting part of a catalog

Wed Feb 26 12:12:00 2003

Quoting Bill Carr (bill@worldwideimpact.com):
> On Wed, 2003-02-26 at 10:05, Richard Watson wrote:
> > Bill Carr <bill@worldwideimpact.com> writes:

> > > Check out:
> > > .access and .access_gate
> >
> > Thanks to both Bills for the response.
> >
> > It seems that .access will more or less do what I want, but it seems
> > that its quite tricky to administer by my customer. From my
> > understanding it could well be beyond him to add a user to an area and
> > would get quite messy with many customers and many different areas.
> One approach would be to have an .access_gate like this:
> *: [your_usertag]
>
> Then make a usertag that returns 1 if access is allowed for the current
> user or 0 otherwise.

You can do this now if you can manage a hash structure in the
userdb file_acl field:

*: [userdb function=check_file_acl location="[var MV_PAGE 1]" mode=r]

You can do that management in ITL, settting the file acls for a
user with:

    [userdb function=set_file_acl location=foodir/foopage mode=rw]

You can even set expirations:

    [userdb function=set_file_acl location=foodir/foopage mode="expire 30 days"]

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

I am a great believer in luck, and I find that the harder I work
the more luck I have. -- Thomas Jefferson