[ic] what i do with interchange

Jeff Dafoe interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Jan 13 20:41:00 2003

    I have a few domains pointed at the same IC site.  I use an apache
rewrite rule on the domains to add a parameter and redirect to the IC
domain.  Inside of my site, I use those passed parameters to both control
the look of the site and to filter products.  This allows my IC site to
completely adopt a different look and offer different types of products
depending on the originating domain.
    I feed these different domains to the search engines.  Each site look is
"search engine optimized" in a manner that corresponds with that product
line.  This allows my single IC installation to get high ranking on a
variety of rather-competitive search engine phrases.
    This has been a paid political announcement from "friends of
interchange".

Jeff