[ic] Newbie - Admin access from outside

1 interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Jan 13 22:09:01 2003

I set up the foundation demo store. I can access the demo store from the
Internet, but when i try to get to /cgi-bin/foundation/admin/index.html, it
apparently refuses the connection.

I can't really find the reason in the doco. I find the section on restricting
access to pages using .access and the userdb, but this doesn't apply since I'm
not even logging in. I also find the WideOpen configuration which "Disables IP
qualification of user sessions"...whatever that is, since there is no doco on
what this is and what are the alternatives.

I figure it must be a port it is trying to use that I don't permit or it's
something of the above-mentioned.

I would deeply appreciate any pointers on how this works and generally how use
of ports and security works.

Also, any pointers on where to look for setting up credit card authorization and
payment.

A couple tall orders, but much much appreciation for the help.

Thanks, Joe