[ic] embedded perl

Tue Jan 14 12:25:02 2003

Quoting stjohn (stjohn@kr8.co.uk):
> >D Zhang wrote:
> >
> > Read template and tag manuals.
>
> D Zhangy, RTFM yourself!!!!  As you will see from my post, I have already
> stated that I have read the relevant documentation - which begs the
> question - can you read?
>
> Upon examining ALL of the Perl source code, it starts to become clearer how
> the product functions, the items in question are simply identifiers for the
> objects defined within the Vend package.  However, this is not very easy to
> find, are all users of interchange expected to be experienced software
> developers, with a lot of time on their hands?  The whole point of using
> interchange is that it offers a fast solution.  If I had 6 months to spare
> searching source code then I would write it ALL myself.
>
> Thanks for your lack of help, it's posts like yours that bring the excellent
> group down!

Your outburst is totally unjustified, and his RTFM is justified. The
$Tag object *is* documented, rather extensively in fact -- a call
example is given for almost every standard IC tag.

The other ones you mention are documented as well.

So I don't know what you are reading, but you aren't reading it
very thoroughly. Perhaps downloading the docs and using grep on
the files will help you.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just
sit there." -- Will Rogers