[ic] 980.csv (zip.csv) problem not allowing internal lookup

Dave LaTourette interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Jan 14 18:43:01 2003

> On Tue, 2003-01-14 at 11:33, Dave LaTourette wrote:
> > I'm using IC 4.8.6 and have been using the UPS WWW lookups for
> freight, but
> > as you know, UPS Ground isn't resolving these days.
> >
> > I've decided to go to internal lookups to solve this and future
> problems.
> > I've uploaded current rate charts, and a pertinent zone chart
> to my products
> > directory. I've set shipping methods in the UI and the zone and
> rate charts
> > show up there. I've added a catalog.cfg directive for the zone
> table, but
> > when I restart IC, I get the following error message:
> >
> > ..Using default DBM database...Bad shipping file for zone 'u', lookup
> > disabled.
>
> This looks like a syntax error in your shipping.asc file otherwise it
> would say "bad shipping file for zone 980.csv"  (at least that is what
> mine said when the actual zone file is bad)
>
> can you post the relevant section of your shipping.asc file?

Here's the UPS Ground listing, the others are similar. I tried using the UI
to do the shipping methods first, and once that didn't work, I edited the
shipping.asc directly and added the value following the 'u'. I got the value
from an old mail list message, and I think that is what's causing the
problem. I don't know what to enter for the value!

UPSGND  UPS Ground      weight  0       0       e Nothing to ship!
{'ui_ship_type' => "UPSI",'table' => "Ground",'zone' => "980",'ups' =>
"1",'at_least' =>$
UPSGND  UPS Ground      weight  0       150     u {'ui_ship_type' =>
"UPSI",'zone' => "980",'table' => "Ground",'ups' => "1",'adder' =>
"3.00",'at_least' => "5.00",'Pri$
UPSGND  UPS Ground      weight  150     9999999 e Too heavy for UPS
{'PriceDivide' => "1",}

Thanks,

Dave