[ic] 980.csv (zip.csv) problem not allowing internal lookup

Jon interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Jan 14 19:30:01 2003

> > On Tue, 2003-01-14 at 11:33, Dave LaTourette wrote:
> > > I'm using IC 4.8.6 and have been using the UPS WWW lookups for
> > freight, but
> > > as you know, UPS Ground isn't resolving these days.
> > >
> > > I've decided to go to internal lookups to solve this and future
> > problems.
> > > I've uploaded current rate charts, and a pertinent zone chart
> > to my products
> > > directory. I've set shipping methods in the UI and the zone and
> > rate charts
> > > show up there. I've added a catalog.cfg directive for the zone
> > table, but
> > > when I restart IC, I get the following error message:
> > >
> > > ..Using default DBM database...Bad shipping file for zone 'u', lookup
> > > disabled.
> >
> > This looks like a syntax error in your shipping.asc file otherwise it
> > would say "bad shipping file for zone 980.csv"  (at least that is what
> > mine said when the actual zone file is bad)
> >
> > can you post the relevant section of your shipping.asc file?
> >

> Here's the UPS Ground listing, the others are similar. I tried using the UI
> to do the shipping methods first, and once that didn't work, I edited the
> shipping.asc directly and added the value following the 'u'. I got the value
> from an old mail list message, and I think that is what's causing the
> problem. I don't know what to enter for the value!
>
> UPSGND  UPS Ground      weight  0       0       e Nothing to ship!
> {'ui_ship_type' => "UPSI",'table' => "Ground",'zone' => "980",'ups' =>
> "1",'at_least' =>$
> UPSGND  UPS Ground      weight  0       150     u {'ui_ship_type' =>
> "UPSI",'zone' => "980",'table' => "Ground",'ups' => "1",'adder' =>
> "3.00",'at_least' => "5.00",'Pri$
> UPSGND  UPS Ground      weight  150     9999999 e Too heavy for UPS
> {'PriceDivide' => "1",}

    Isn't there supposed to be the name of the CSV file after the 'u' in the
second line ?
Something like            150   u Ground
Also be careful of hidden tabs so use something like vi to edit.

Here is my upsg definition below from shipping.asc.  It seems to work for me so
maybe it will help.

Jon

upsg    UPS Ground      weight  0       0       e Nothing to ship!
{'ui_ship_type' => "weight",'zone' => "ups276",'ups' => "0",'at_least' =>
"4",'adder' => "2.00",'PriceDivide' => "1",}
upsg    UPS Ground      weight  0       150     u Ground [value name=zip
filter=digits default=27616] 2.00              {'PriceDivide' => "1",}
upsg    UPS Ground      weight  150     999999  e @@TOTAL@@ lbs too heavy for
UPS               {'PriceDivide' => "1",}