[ic] locale - apply changes - where do the pennies go?

Stefan Hornburg interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jan 15 16:40:04 2003

On 15 Jan 2003 10:55:19 -0500
John Matecsa <matecsaj@picassofish.com> wrote:

> Since I've been using locale features to dynamically switch between
> French and English with Interchange 4.8.6 I've had a puzzling problem.

Please specify "dynamically switch".

> In the back end, if I "apply changes", the pennies on item prices in the
> back and front end are truncated to zero. This affects more than just
> the catalog that changes were applied too. As soon as I restart
> Interchange the pennies come back. The problem runs deeper than currency
> presentation, items sold, are recorded with pennies truncated to zero in
> the database.
>
> Note that I've added rows to the locale table, but haven't deleted or
> modified what was there to begin with.
>
> Any suggestions?

I'm pretty sure that Interchange is buggy with switching locales. There are
a number of reports which describe odd behaviour of Interchange, especially
dropping fractional numbers. For one thing, you cannot switch the currency
twice on an Interchange page without wreaking havoc. Though I'm really
interested in Interchange's i18n features, I fear I cannot do much about
it due to limited resources.

I'm sorry that I'm not able to give you and others more help in this respect.

Bye
     Racke