[ic] Webmin and suid makecat

Lyn St George interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Jan 20 13:36:00 2003

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003 14:21:17 +0000 (GMT/BST), Carlton Thomas wrote:

>On Sun, 19 Jan 2003, Lyn St George wrote:
>
>> We have a Webmin module for Interchange which works fine with
>> IC 4.9.5. It also lets you restart (but not stop) the Interchange
>> daemon, add the extra variables found in 'additional_fields' into
>> a new catalogue, and do all the stuff needed for SSL certs. (I'm
>> currently looking at adding PGP/GPG functions to it, but it's not
>> yet clear that they can be totally automated ..)
>
>Hi,
>
>I would love to get hold of a copy of your Webmin module. I was
>going to attempt to write one myself based on an old version I
>found on the Webmin website (4.6.x, I think). Any chance of
>emailing a copy or adding it to the Webmin third party modules
>site?

Yes, I'm happy to make it available. Please note though, that because
it's been through so many patches and revisions (and only intended for
internal use) the code is now really quite messy. I'll tidy it up and add
proper comments and then release it. (This may take a few days,
considering the other claims on my time, not to mention my wife
and child ... )

I think I'll leave the PGP/GPG stuff alone, especially as it is so easy
to do that by ssh.

>Regards !
>
>--
>Carlton