[ic] A few Interchange queries

Jay Sun interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Jan 20 13:37:59 2003

>A) Is it possible to build some automation into the order numbering system ?
>What I mean by this is that the in the demo store, the order number appears
>to be a simple iterator of whatever number code is entered. I want to set
>the order number up so that it is a combination of date AND iterator ie at
>the start of each day, the order number is set to the current date plus the
>number 1 eg the first order today would be "20030120-1" - then this number
>is incremented throughout the day until it is reset the next morning eg
>20030121-1 tomorrow morning. Is this possible and if so - how can it be
>done.

sure, you just need to make changes in Order.pm. There is no trivial configuration changes for this as far as I know

>B) The demo system has a number of lookup tables that bear no relevance to
>my business eg the freight/shipping lookup tables. Is it possible to remove
>or alter these tables and/or create new ones ? Or is the existing table
>structure set in stone ?

It is better to keep the table structure, but you can decide which field(s) is(are) to be used/not used.  shipping is not even stored in sql table, it is in shipping.txt in the product directory.   In 4.9.5 and above, there is a demo for a paid download site, such as software, research reports, downloadable articles, etc, so there is no shipping/freight related caculations. Check out that.

J.
http://suniant.com/