[ic] Restarting IC under Cpanel with no UI/admin

David Haley interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jan 22 23:30:01 2003

>How do I restart IC when it is installed under cpanel
>if I don't have access to the admin interface?

>I've recently been down this path under cpanel and I
>found that the
>quickest and easiest way is to copy your files to
>another directory the
>reinstall IC from scratch (this will give you back
>your admin) and then
>"carefully" move files back.
>By carefully I mean check all your file permissions
>and ownership rights

Well I did just that, copied what I could to another
directory and then executed the script to reinstall a
fresh catalog under cpanel. (First I tried tech
support restarted the server but it didn't work)  But
now after "creating a new" catalog it's giving me the
following error:

Undefined catalog: /~homeuser/cgi-bin/cart.cgi

which I suspect means a file permission problem.  But
when I ssh into the box it does not show new catalog
files.  The old ones are still there.  Do I have to
blow out all the old catalog files for the new install
to work under cpanel?  All the file permissions under
the catalog are:

homeuser    cpanel
homeuser    cpanal

Is that OK, any help? Thanks.  Does someone know and
interchange ISP that doesn't use cpanel and is fast
and cheap? (Asking too much?):o\