[ic] Restarting IC under Cpanel with no UI/admin

ACforSale Inc Sales Team interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Jan 23 01:16:01 2003

>How do I restart IC when it is installed under cpanel
>if I don't have access to the admin interface?

>I've recently been down this path under cpanel and I
>found that the
>quickest and easiest way is to copy your files to
>another directory the
>reinstall IC from scratch (this will give you back
>your admin) and then
>"carefully" move files back.
>By carefully I mean check all your file permissions
>and ownership rights

Well I did just that, copied what I could to another
directory and then executed the script to reinstall a
fresh catalog under cpanel. (First I tried tech
support restarted the server but it didn't work)  But
now after "creating a new" catalog it's giving me the
following error:

Undefined catalog: /~homeuser/cgi-bin/cart.cgi

which I suspect means a file permission problem.  But
when I ssh into the box it does not show new catalog
files.  The old ones are still there.  Do I have to
blow out all the old catalog files for the new install
to work under cpanel?  All the file permissions under
the catalog are:

homeuser    cpanel
homeuser    cpanal

Is that OK, any help? Thanks.  Does someone know and interchange ISP
that doesn't use cpanel and is fast and cheap? (Asking too much?):o\

I should have mentioned that too, yes delete all the old files after you
have the copy, you may also find that you need tech support to
completely empty your trash as well, some of the permission on original
files may not erase from trash.

Best of Luck

Gerry