[ic] Manual Price override

Paul Jordan interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Jan 28 17:54:01 2003

> > variable on
> > > the Entry page so that it can be manually overwritten, but once
> > you hit the
> > > recalculate button the field reverts back to whatever price is in the
> > > database set for retail.
> > >
> > > Anyone have any ideas on what variable name I should set on
> > that page?? and
> > > do I need to set it elsewhere as well?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance
>

> >   I've been using this for a while.  I'm sure it could be greatly
> > improved.
> >

> > <TR>
> >               [assign clear=1]
> >               [assign subtotal=""]
> >               [assign subtotal='[calc interpolate=1][subtotal
> > noformat=1]-[value subdis][/calc]']
> >               <TD ALIGN=left class="contentbar1">Subtotal: </TD>
> >               <TD ALIGN=RIGHT class="contentbar1">[subtotal]</TD>
> > </TR>
> > <TR>
> >               <TD ALIGH=CENTER width="50"><font face="Verdana, Arial,
> > Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Discount =</font><br></TD>
> >               <TD ALIGN=left><input type="text" name=subdis
> value="[value
> > subdis]"
> > size="8"></TD>
> > </TR>
> >
> > Michael Stone
>

> This doesn't help.  at least I don't see how.
>
> Basically . On the Order Entry page (not the Checkout page) I need to be
> able to change <input type=text name="[whatever]" value="[price]">
> in a way that it takes this value and keeps it ..once I hit
> recalculate the
> value reverts back to the value that is in the database
> ie(item-field price)
>
> When I hit the recalculate it does a Process and I am not sure what it is
> doing.  I only know it is making a new request for the price based on the
> new quantity that may or may not have been changed.  But there
> has got to be
> a way to do the same with "price"

Hi Rich

It looks like entry.html has an actual cart, so I think circumventing the
price might be difficult. You may have to make it an on-the-fly item, which
gives you alot of head room. Maybe have a selectbox that says
"regular|custom" and if it is custom, have IC build an OnFly item right then
and there before the recalc is submitted.

http://www.icdevgroup.org/doc-5.0/frames/ic_ecommerce_5.html

However if this is for giving a customer a price break, or credit because of
a shipping mixup (or whatever) I would instead look into issuing a
[discount] within that cart.

BTW I have not done either of these in ADMIN, so I am just throwing ideas
up.

Paul