[ic] Getting card type information in Payment module

Lyn St George lyn at zolotek.net
Wed Jul 16 02:26:16 EDT 2003

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 00:54:30 +0100, Richard Watson wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>I'm writing a payment module and I need to send the card type to the
>payment gateway.
>
>I have a drop down box in my checkout page which sets
>mv_credit_card_type but I can't seem to get that info where I need it
>in payment module. Other things seem to be provided by a sub in
>Payment.pm but not the card type. I can use the subroutine to guess
>the CC type but I'd rather not rely on that if I can help it.
>
>What's the general way to get user session info and/or arbitrary
>posted data from the checkout page in the payment module?

The easiest way might be to grab a debug version of my Protx
module, on ftp.zolotek.net/mv. Note that I am supposed to be
releasing an updated version of this (apologies to those to
whom I'm late on this promise) so please just use it to get some
ideas from. The newer version just needs cleaning up and packaging
and does have several updates - hopefully I'll get to it in the next
few days ...

>Thanks,
>
>--
>Richard Watson