[ic] allow ordering more than in stock

Jon interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Jun 3 18:26:01 2003

> Using 4.9.5 rather than not allowing ordering more than we have in stock, I
> would like to allow the ordering of additional items and just display a
> message similiar to:
> "Ordering more than [qty-in-stock] may result in delays or backordered item"
> We can usually restock an item within 24-48 hours, and many times restock
> has already been ordered and inventory counts just not fully updated when
> orders come in.
> I am not exactly sure of the best way to accomplish this, so I figured to
> ask someone that knows or has good suggestions.
> Thanks

    Actually you're talking about a couple of things here.  Totally out of stock

and attempting to order more then what is in stock.

    For totally out of stock do a search through the archives for stock_alert.
I did not come up with this but I plan on using it (thanks whoever that was).
Though the way I intend on using it is somewhat specific for my products
availability.
For this feature, if the item is out of stock, depending on the product/size
they
may be able to use the out of stock request and when I update the inventory
they'll be
emailed automatically.

    For ordering more then what is in stock I bump them down to current
inventory.
I think this to will depend a bit on your product supply. For me availability
time frame varies.

HTH

Jon