[ic] County level Sales Tax

Tony Nichols interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Jun 12 09:40:02 2003

I haven't tried it in IC yet .... But some apps I've been able to add a new
state like SC-countyname and specify a tax for it.
Please let me know if you find a solution.

T o n y

A.G. (Tony) Nichols
I.S. Manager
Appalachian Log Structures Inc.
www.applog.com
tony@mail.applog.com

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@icdevgroup.org
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@icdevgroup.org] On Behalf Of K Old
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2003 3:24 PM
To: Interchange Users
Subject: [ic] County level Sales Tax

Hello everyone,

I currently have IC 4.9.7 up and running, with the state sales tax working
just fine.  Our company is being audited and so we're being forced to charge
sales tax for all of our web sales.  I've now got the task of coming up with
a module/tag/script that will gather sales tax info for all the states down
to the County level.  Yes, you read County.  The IC part is easy, just
create a usertag to handle it, but getting the data is another story.

I've scoured the Internet looking for reliable resources to query, and have
only found each states page that maintains the State & Local taxes.

I searched CPAN and couldn't find any modules that would solve the problem.

I need to get the tax information down to a county level.  Each state
displays their data in different formats and are updated at different
intervals.  It seems as if I'm going to have to write a script that will
scour 50 different sites, parse the data 50 different ways, and do it all at
50 different intervals.  Surely there is some organization that collects
this data.

Fields I'd be looking for are:

STATE, CITY, COUNTY, SALES TAX

I realize this is a shot in the dark, but has anyone faced this problem
before?  Any possible solutions that won't take a year to build?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Kevin
--
K Old <kold.lists@oldcomm.com>