[ic] form mail example

Rick Bragg interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Jun 12 13:42:00 2003

Ton Verhagen wrote:
> Quoting Paul Jordan:
>
>> > I don't want to re-invent this,
>> > I'm looking for a good example of a form mailer for interchange.
>> >
>> > hopfully a page that will also be it's own thankyou page. if it passes
>> > validation.
>> > Any suggestions?      Thanks   Rick
>>
>> This should give you a great start, as it has all the ingredients you
>> need in there somewhere..
>>
>> http://www.icdevgroup.org/archive/interchange-users/2002/msg04328.html
>

> That solution is open to spamming. I wouldn't use it verbatim.
>

> Best regards,
>
> Ton
>
> --
> Alamerce Nederland --- Cornerstone of eBusiness
> Phone +31-40-2374381    info@alamerce.nl    http://www.alamerce.nl
>
> eCommerce Solutions -- Consulting -- Website & Interchange Hosting

Thanks,

I'm still plugging away at it. I am trying to build a contat.html page
that has misc. contact info at the top, and at the bottom, a mail form.

The first time a user hits the "contact.html" page the contact form will
show, if they fill out the form and it fails validation, it returns the
form with error messages. If they fill out the form correctly, the same
contact.html page will show, but a thankyou message will appear instead
of the form. The from, and email fields should auto populate from the
user database, the subject, and message fields should be persistant as
long as that message has not yet been sent. then if they hit the contact
page again after that, whe whole thing will start over.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, I will post the results,
and I'm sure that some people will benefit from such a page...

Thanks
Rick