[ic] Upgrading Interchange to Newer Versions of Perl modules, etc.

Geoff Staples interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Jun 21 15:05:00 2003

Please clarify one thing for me. I don't understand what migrating to newer versions of Perl modules has to do with Cpanel.

The real issue seems to be that Interchange only functions on an older version of the SQL::Statement module.

I want to know what the policy is regarding keeping Interchange current with new server software releases.

The Interchange website has a post that says there are no plans to upgrade Interchange to work with the newer SQL:Statement module.

Is that really what is meant? Or, will Interchange be upgraded, but this upgrade is not a high priority and will be done within a reasonable amount of time?

My concern is this: I like Interchange, but, I don't want to start using it heavily and then have more and more compatibility problems because Interchange only works with older versions of various Perl modules, etc.

By the way, I am NOT an advocate of moving to the newest version of every module as quickly as possible. My preference is:

1. That Interchange be continuously upgraded to the newer module versions.

2. That these upgrades be done fast enough to keep Interchange from getting way out date.

3. And, that the updates to new modules are not done until the modules have been out a while and proven to be reliable.

In other words: will Interchange migrate to new modules within some reasonable amount of time so that requirements that older Perl, mySQL, or other server modules will not become a major problem?

Geoff