[ic] 4.9.8 build on Red Hat 7.3 failed

Jamie Neil interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Jun 23 05:12:00 2003

I had exactly the same problem with the last 4.9.7 cvs I installed, and it
wasn't confined to the rpm build - a tar install did exactly the same thing.
Unfortunately I don't have an explanation or solution - I worked around the
problem.

Platform was an Athlon based RH72 system which had never been installed with
IC before (I was transferring a site from the dev box to the live site) and
I've not had any stability problems or other compilation issues before.

Eventually in desperation I decided to try the compile on my dev box (also
an Athlon based RH72 system) and it worked fine?!?! So I ended up compiling
on the dev box and then copying the binary rpm over to the live box to
install.

If anyone can explain/solve this I would be very interested to hear.

Jamie