[ic] loop search fails with SQl database

Rolf Schaufelberger interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Jun 26 06:35:01 2003

>Have you tried adding st=db to your [loop] tag's search spec.?

Well this works. But it doesn't look veriy logical to me, as products has be
defined to be a sql-databse table.

Appling the same to the search form doesn't work however.
Taken the code form tutorial and taken the code from demo (foundation store ,
search-box-samll) one works, the other doesn't:

code:
=========   <
form action="[area search]" method=post>
   Suche:<br>
<!-- code doesn't work -->
1   [set testname]su=yes/sf=description/st=db[/set]
2    <input type=hidden name=mv_profile value=testname>
3    <input type=text name=mv_searchspec size=15 value="">

<!--  code works
4	      <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_searchtype VALUE=db>
5	      <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_search_field VALUE="description">
6	      <input type=hidden NAME=mv_substring_match value=1>
7	      <INPUT type=text   NAME=mv_searchspec size=15>
-->

So, if I use lines 1-3 it doesn't work,  taking line 4-7 instead works. What's
wrong now ? For me it seems to be the same. Looking at the SQL-search
documentation (found in minivend docu , not found in interchange docu, but
mentioned there !! ) gave me no idea.

Rolf Schaufelberger
rolf.schaufelberger@web.de