[ic] Basic search on alternate table

Himem Inc interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Jun 26 12:08:00 2003

I am attempting to do a basic search on a table I have defined on IC
4.9.7.  This table shows up in my admin site tables list.  The table is
a text (GDBM) file, and has the following fields:

resellers: id|name|address|city|state|zip|phone|....

I am trying to match on zip code.  I am using the following code for the
search page:

 <form  method="POST" action="[area zipsearch]">
    [set testname]su=yes/fi=resellers/sf=zip/sf=name[/set]
    <input type=hidden name=mv_profile value=testname>
    Zip Code: <input type="text" name="mv_searchspec" size=10>
    <input type=submit>
</form>

I used
http://www.icdevgroup.org/i/dev/docfly.html?mv_arg=iccattut14%2e06 as an
example, and my zipsearch.html looks almost identical to that example
url, except I only have [item-field name] in the
[search-list][/search-list] section.

I cannot seem to get Interchange to actually search correctly.  No
matter what I enter, I always get a search returned no matches, even
though the resellers table is populated and I am matching against valid
data.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.