[ic] Basic search on alternate table

Jerry interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Jun 26 12:57:01 2003

> I am trying to match on zip code.  I am using the following code for the
> search page:
>
>  <form  method="POST" action="[area zipsearch]">
>     [set testname]su=yes/fi=resellers/sf=zip/sf=name[/set]
>     <input type=hidden name=mv_profile value=testname>
>     Zip Code: <input type="text" name="mv_searchspec" size=10>
>     <input type=submit>
> </form>
>
> I used
> http://www.icdevgroup.org/i/dev/docfly.html?mv_arg=iccattut14%2e06 as an
> example, and my zipsearch.html looks almost identical to that example
> url, except I only have [item-field name] in the
> [search-list][/search-list] section.

Quick guess here, but are you trying to return the
results to zipsearch? Think you need [area search] for
the action and then specify the page to return the
results to. Might try something like, but I didn't test
the rest of this.

  <form  method="POST" action="[area search]">
     [set testname]su=yes/fi=resellers/sf=zip/sf=name/sp=zipsearch[/set]
     <input type=hidden name=mv_profile value=testname>
     Zip Code: <input type="text" name="mv_searchspec" size=10>
     <input type=submit>
 </form>

Jerry