[ic] Free Shipping workaround

David Work interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Jun 30 01:17:00 2003

There's a bug regarding free shipping (Will Call) that's been
frustrating me because many of our carts will be for brick & mortar
local businesses doing business locally.

I added "WCPU" (Will Call) as a shipping method, specified it to
allow ZERO, and made it the default shipping method. When an
order is placed, IC calculates the initial shipping correctly, but
leaves it out of the shipping method drop down menu (the one with
calculated shipping $).

This bug has been reported several times for over a year, but
hasn't been fixed in version 4.9.8 unless I'm missing something.
The solution has been one that removed the calculated shipping $
but displayed the list correctly.

Here's what I did to fix this - in include/checkout/shipping_address
(ord/checkout.html in earlier versions), I added the <OPTION
VALUE="WCPU"> statement right after the select. The remainder
of this routine was left intact:

     <SELECT NAME=mv_shipmode>
      <OPTION VALUE="WCPU"> Will Call Pick Up
       [shipping
              label=1
              mode=|[data table=country key='[default country US]' col
=shipmodes]|
                  ]
       </SELECT>

This should work in earlier versions, too, and it retains the
*calculated* shipping values for the other options. It might not work
for "free shipping over $200" type orders, but that's not my
immediate problem.

Am I missing something? Seems like a pretty simple solution,
although not better than fixing the bug in first place ....
--David Work                           (541) 942-7088
Oregon Internet Properties,LLC   fax (541) 942-1892
PO Box 188, Cottage Grove OR 97424
Lane and Douglas County Real Estate : http://www.oip.net