[ic] Compiere

Nick Hall interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Mar 10 16:49:00 2003

I recently downloaded the ERP/CRM program Compiere and although
I've only had a few days to evaluate it, I'm pretty impressed
so far. We're looking at replacing our old software package
and it seems like it could be a possible, superior, replacement.

Ideally when someone places an order on the website with
Interchange, Compiere would take the order and place it as an
open order in the accounting system automatically. After
looking through the mailing list, I found a little discussion
about this topic last fall (Dan Browning), but at that time,
there were no notes about a specific resolution that I could
find.

Compiere shows some EDI functionality (EDIFACT, Email EDI,
ASC X12). It appears that a SOAP interface is in the works but
has not been completed yet. Does anyone have any pointers
integrating Interchange with an ERP package, especially
Compiere, that they would like to share? I am especially
trying to estimate the how easy it will be to do this
integration so we can keep this in mind as we're evaluating
Compiere. Thanks for any advice,

Nick