[ic] Compiere

Barry Treahy, Jr. interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Mar 10 17:21:00 2003

Nick Hall wrote:

> Compiere shows some EDI functionality (EDIFACT, Email EDI,
> ASC X12). It appears that a SOAP interface is in the works but
> has not been completed yet. Does anyone have any pointers
> integrating Interchange with an ERP package, especially
> Compiere, that they would like to share?

Compiere is not really an ERP system, but more of a sales management and
distribution as it has no back end for full manufacturing support
including BOM's, Routings, W/O's, P/O's, Cycle Counting, Variances, WIP,
etc...

I would, however, also be interested in seeing if others have had
success linking the IC into Compiere as it is tedious to manually tell
IC that an order has shipped when an integrated system should be able to
do that as well as trigger the users notification e-mails...

Barry

--

Barry Treahy, Jr  *  Midwest Microwave  *  Vice President & CIO

E-mail: Treahy@mmaz.com * Phone: 480/314-1320 * FAX: 480/661-7028