[ic] RedHat RPM problems with Interchange/apt-get

Rene Hertell interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Mar 18 13:36:01 2003

> > They might be in the 5.6.0 perl directory or 5.6.1.  It depends on what
> > your base Perl installation is...I think.
>
> If it helps the system is RedHat 8.0 with perl 5.8 installed. Also It's
> not a problem of Interchange working I can force the install and it will
> work fine. The issue is I don't like forcing RPM installs it always seems
> to come back and bite you.

Why do you have to install the rpm-version at all? Install instead the
tar-version. The tar-install script installs IC only into the directory  you
specify during the install, so if you need to remove IC later on, it is just
a simple process by deleting the interchange-directory.

Regards,

René