[ic] Shipping method won't go away!

Mark Bryant interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri May 9 10:35:02 2003

At 01:54 09/05/2003, you wrote:

>I seem to be running into  a problem with shipping. My shipping is simple:
>there is a single flat price. I've removed all of the various methods from
>the shipping table and set the shipmodes for US and Canada in the country
>table. My problem is that IC seems to insist that XDM is my shipping mode
>for Canada and I cannot convince it otherwise! I did a grep of the entire
>catalog directory and the only place XDM is found is in files in the
>session folder.
>
>I'm guessing that mv_shipmode is stored in the session? I've tried wiping
>out the sessions but XDM keeps coming back from the grave to haunt me. Boo!
>
>Scott Goodman

Hi Scott,

I'd check the value of SHIP_DEFAULT_MODE in the variable table and make
sure it's not set to a method that no longer exists. Also make sure that
the shipping method you intend to use for Canada has Canada selected in the
list of places the method is valid for.

To do this, look inside ~interch/<cat_name>/products/country.txt and see
what methods you have listed by each country. I'm pretty sure you'll find
loads of XDM entries in there - I still have loads of XDMs in my file, but
I only ship products to the UK.

The extra shipping mode entries for methods that no longer exist seem to
have no impact here if left in, but I still suspect you have an out of date
method in your Canada line.

This is the default entry in country.txt if you've worked from a foundation
demo store:

CA      1       North America   CA      XDM     Canada  CAN     124

If you remove the XDM and replace it with the code for the method you wish
to use for Canada and then RESTART IC it should sort you out.

Hope this helps :)

Mark