[ic] Shipping method won't go away!

Fri May 9 11:09:00 2003

Quoting Mark Bryant (mark@vwe.net):
> At 01:54 09/05/2003, you wrote:
>
> >I seem to be running into  a problem with shipping. My shipping is simple:
> >there is a single flat price. I've removed all of the various methods from
> >the shipping table and set the shipmodes for US and Canada in the country
> >table. My problem is that IC seems to insist that XDM is my shipping mode
> >for Canada and I cannot convince it otherwise! I did a grep of the entire
> >catalog directory and the only place XDM is found is in files in the
> >session folder.
> >
> >I'm guessing that mv_shipmode is stored in the session? I've tried wiping
> >out the sessions but XDM keeps coming back from the grave to haunt me. Boo!
> >
> >Scott Goodman
>
> Hi Scott,
>
> I'd check the value of SHIP_DEFAULT_MODE in the variable table and make
> sure it's not set to a method that no longer exists. Also make sure that
> the shipping method you intend to use for Canada has Canada selected in the
> list of places the method is valid for.
>
> To do this, look inside ~interch/<cat_name>/products/country.txt and see
> what methods you have listed by each country. I'm pretty sure you'll find
> loads of XDM entries in there - I still have loads of XDMs in my file, but
> I only ship products to the UK.
>
> The extra shipping mode entries for methods that no longer exist seem to
> have no impact here if left in, but I still suspect you have an out of date
> method in your Canada line.
>
> This is the default entry in country.txt if you've worked from a foundation
> demo store:
>
> CA      1       North America   CA      XDM     Canada  CAN     124
>

> If you remove the XDM and replace it with the code for the method you wish
> to use for Canada and then RESTART IC it should sort you out.

These are all excellent and on-target suggestions.

One other gotcha -- there is usually an mv_shipmode field in userdb, and
that could cause problems for a logged_in user that previously made an
order with XDM mode.

You might want to do this query:

	update userdb set mv_shipmode = '' where mv_shipmode = 'XDM';

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

"Laughter is inner jogging." -- Norman Cousins