[ic] 4.9.7 upgrade attempt failed.. worked last time though.

DB interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat May 10 15:49:00 2003

On my Redhat 8.0 server I have a 4.8.7 store that runs just fine.

On the same server I also have several stores running 4.9.7-200303290658
and for the most part they work fine too.

Today I attempted to upgrade to 4.9.7-200305100658, but when I tried to
run "configure" I got a fatal error that did not happen last time I
upgraded the 4.9.7 installation. I guess this is a new issue. It told me
this:

---------
Found Perl 5.8.0 as /usr/bin/perl
Interchange will not work with a thread-enabled perl.
---------

I'm using the stock perl from Redhat 8.0. Can someone provide a link or
instructions on how to create a perl 5.8.0 rpm with threads disbabled?
I'm guessing there are some options I'd use when compiling but once
compiled how do I create the rpm that's compatible with Redhat 8.0 ?

Of course I don't want this new perl to break my 4.8.7 store or anything
else for that matter. Any advice would be great.

DB